Cineo Introduces 2nd Generation HS2 Phosphor Technology Light
By Danny F. Santos (doddleNEWS)Cineo Lighting has released its next generation of their Remote Phosphor Technology lamp. They are one of the few companies that utilize a layer of phosphor substrate overtop in an LED array, in which to produce different kelvin temperatures without flicker.
The original Cineo HS produced a brilliant light at a lower energy draw with a relatively cool light thanks to utilizing an LED array. The light has an exceptional color rendering index that provides a very accurate color.
The HS2 introduces a new hinged top access panel that will allow for faster accessory changes to the phosphor panels. It also swaps out the larger separate power supply, similar to a ballast for an HMI, to a smaller one that can be attached directly to the panel for a sleeker single piece design. Here’s how they describe it:
The RDM450 is smaller and lighter weight than the legacy DTZ450 power supply and features completely re-designed electronics for improved reliability. Other new features include digital display and control, remote programming via RDM, both, and fine dimming, smooth dimming and strobe capability. The RDM450 can be attached directly to the HS2 head for one-piece operation or operated remotely up to 300 feet from the fixture.
Everything else about the new light is similar to the first generation, including the 80/20 mounting slots. The size, weight, and output characteristics are similar to the legacy version so Cineo went with a “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” approach to the HS2.
- Input voltage: 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz.
- Power consumption: 500 watts, max
- Lamp head dimensions: 12” H x 21” W x 3.8” D (290 mm x 532 mm x 96.5 mm)
- Lamp head weight: 12 lbs (5.4 kg)
- RDM450 PSU dimensions: 3” H x 13” W x 9.5” D (76 mm x 330 mm x 241 mm)
- RDM450 Weight: 10 lbs (4.5 kg.)
- 35,000 hr. L70 rated
- Environmental temperature range: -20º – + 50º C
- Max temperature rise: +45º C
- 2-year parts and labor warranty
- ETL and cETL Listed, CE Compliant
- Zero UV light emitted
- Made in USA